Friday, October 14, 2011

My favorite movies

<Title>: Good Will Hunting
<The story>: Will Hunting, a janitor at a MIT, had a gift for mathematics but needs help from psychologist to find a direction in his life. 
<The actor>: Robin Williams, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck 
<The director>: Gus Van Sant
<The English and Japanese title>: same
<Famous lines>: You are an orphan, right? You think I know the first thing about how hard your life had been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally, I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you I can't read some fucking you, unless you want to talk about you, who you are.

        You're not perfect sport. And let me save the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect, either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about. Now you can know everything in the world, sport, but the only way you can find out about that one is by giving it a shot.
        You know what the best part of my day is? For about ten seconds, from when I pull up to the curb and when I get to your door, 'cause I think, maybe I'll get up there, and I'll knock on the door and you won't be there. No goodbye. No see you later. No nothing. You just left. I don't know much but I know that. 
Similar movies: nothing

 

<The title>: Ocean's eleven
<The actor>: George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts
<The director>: Steven Soderbergh
<The English and Japanese title>: same
<Famous lines>: Okay, I ask you a question, you have to think of the answer, where do you look? No good. You look down they know you're lying and up they know you don't know the truth. Don't use seven words when four will do. Don't shift your weight. Look always at your mark, but don't stare. Be specific but not memorable. Be funny but don't make him laugh.

        You may notice we're only packing up about half that. The other half we're leaving in your vault, booby-trapped, as a hostage. You let our eighty million go and you get to keep yours. That's the deal. You try and stop us, we'll blow both cash loads. Mr.Benedict, you can lose eighty million dollars tonight secretly or you can lose a hundred sixty million dollars publicly. It's your decision.
Similar movies: Ocean's 12, Ocean's 13



<Title>: The Shawshank redemption
<The story>: Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency.
<The actors>: Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman and Bob Gunton
<The director>: Frank Darabont
<The English and Japanese title>: In English; The Shawshank redemption, In Japanese; Shoshanku no sora ni
<Famous lines>:No way, I'm going to make it on the outside. All I do anymore is think of ways to break my polone, so maybe they'd send me back. I look back on the day, a young, stupid kid who committed a terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. The kid's long gone and this old man is all that left. I have got to live with that. 
        If you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further. You remember the name of the town,  don't you? I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels.  I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready. Remember Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, finds you well.
        I find I'm so excited. I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friends and shake his hands. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it had been in my dreams. I hope.
Similar movies: nothing (747 words) 

1 comment:

  1. Do you understand all these things you've copied? It's better to copy just a few lines that seem to you to be important about the movie.

    ReplyDelete