I have never heard the story of the Statue of Liberty. I didn't know that. The Statue of Liberty is very famous to many people all over the world. I was surprised to hear that people dreamed of coming to America to find freedom. And besides, the trip took many days and men, women and children were tired, hungry and scared. It was a quite terrible thing. Many people may die before they get to America. How hard it is. And surprisingly, the Statue of Liberty was a present from the people of French to the people of the United States. I don't know why the people sent it to them. The Statue is quite big, so it is very hard for makers to make it up. It might take many time. So many difficult things faced to makers. The way to carry it, the way to make it. But they never give up. That is very important thing. People are kind to donate money. The story was interesting. I will never forget the story.There was the lady! Hip, hip, hurrah! Cannons boomed. Boat whistles blew. People cheered. The excitement never ended. Today, more than one hundred years later, the Statue of Liberty still welcomes people to America- the land of the free.
Lucille, R. (1996). The Statue of Libery
New York: Random House (230 words)
No comments:
Post a Comment